Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The agony of Jacko's children: How Paris and Prince Michael wept as they watched desperate attempts to revive their dead father

-Jackson's personal physician Dr Conrad Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter
-Court played panicked voicemail Murray made before calling 911
-Bodyguard and personal assistant recount chaotic scene as attempts were made to revive lifeless star
-PA tells how Murray claimed he needed to go back from hospital to mansion 'to get rid of cream that the world should never see'
-Concert organiser Paul Gongaware told court that Jackson gave a 'good rehearsal' in his final time on stage
-Lawyer Kathy Jorrie who drew up contract between Murray and concert promoter said doctor requested a CPR machine in concert
-Katherine, Joe, Janet, La Toya, Jermaine, Randy and Rebbie Jackson all back in court for second day of hearing

By John Stevens

Scroll down for video

Paris and Prince Michael Jackson stood in the doorway of their father's bedroom crying as attempts were made to resuscitate him, the court heard

Michael Jackson's two eldest children witnessed the full horror of 'frantic' efforts to revive the lifeless star as he lay dead in his Los Angeles mansion, jurors heard this afternoon.

Prince Michael and Paris, who were 12 and 11 at the time, stood in the doorway of their father's bedroom crying as Dr Conrad Murray tried to resuscitate the singer.

The horrifying scene was told to Los Angeles Superior Court by Jackson's head of security Faheem Muhammed on the second day of Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial today.

Jackson's head of security Faheeem Muhammed told the court that he found Jackson's two eldest children crying

The aide said he moved the children away from the room as they waited to know whether or not their 50-year-old father would survive.

He said that Paris was 'on the ground, balled up crying' and Prince Michael was 'shocked and slowely crying'.

'I realised that his two older children were standing outside of his room in a panicked state,' said Mr Muhammed.

'I took them to a more secure location where they couldn't see what was going on.

The bodyguard said that when he entered the bedroom, he saw Murray next to Jackson's body on the floor.

The court was shown a picture of the space next to Jackson's bed where Murray tried to revive the star's lifeless body

Jackson's personal assistant, Michael Amir Williams, said that Dr Conrad Murray asked to be driven from the hospital to the singer's house to 'get rid of a cream that the world should never see'

He said that the doctor looked 'nervous' and was 'sweating'.

Mr Muhammed said that Jackson's 'eyes were open and that his mouth was slightly open'.
He was asked if the star appeard to be dead. He replied, 'yes'.

Earlier the court heard from Jackson's personal assistant who described the chaotic moments as he drove all three of the singer's children to hospital.

Michael Amir Williams told how he drove behind the ambulance to the hospital with Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket, and their nanny.

The court was played a video that Michael Amir Williams, Jackson's personal assistant, made of the panicked voicemail from Murray

He recounted how they were followed by the media, which forced him to shield the children from view when they arrived at the hospital.

'I took off my jacket and covered them up one by one, and took them inside the hospital. There were cameras everywhere,' he said.

Mr Williams told the court how Murray panicked and asked to be taken back to the singer's house 'to get rid of a cream that the world should never see' as the King of Pop lay dead.

The personal assistant said that he asked security to place Jackson's house on 'lockdown' after Murray repeatedly asked to go back from the hospital to the singer's mansion.

After Jackson had been pronounced dead, Mr Williams said he had the 'odd' conversation with Murray, in which he made the request to go back to the mansion.

'I was in a hallway. We were making small talk about how horrible this is,' Mr Williams said.

Then, 'he said that there's some cream in Michaels room... that he wouldn't want the world to know about. And he requested that I or someone give him a ride back to the house to get it.

'I was emotional. There was a lot going on. that was the last thing I really was thinking about,' he said.

The personal assistant said that he lied to Murray and told him the keys to his car had been taken by the police as Murray insisted that he be taken back to the house.

Conrad Murray looked uncomfortable at times during the second day of his involuntary manslaughter trial

The jury was shown a photo inside the front door of Jackson's home in Los Angeles

Murray then asked to be taken 'to get food', but Mr Williams said he again refused.

The court was also played the panicked voicemail that Murray left on Mr Williams' phone before he called 911.

'Call me right away, please. please call me right away. Thank you,' Murray is heard saying on the recording.

The physician looked uncomfortable and started touching his neck as he waited for the recording to be played.

Mr Williams said that he had received the voicemail at 12:13pm on the day that Jackson died, 11 minutes before the emergency call was placed.

The prosecution showed the court Jackson's last performance, a rehearsal of Earth Song, which appeared to bring his mother to tears

Dr Conrad Murray stands with his attorneys J Micahel Flanagan and Edward Chernoff today

When Mr Williams called Murray back two minutes later he was told that something had gone wrong.

'He said "Where are you?" I said: "I'm downtown". He said "Get here right away, Mr. Jackson had a bad reaction. Get here right away"... He said "Get somebody up here immediately,"' Mr Williams told the court.

Mr Williams said that he was not asked to call 911.

When the personal assistant arrived at Jackson's LA mansion 30-40 minutes later, he said he saw the singer's body being brought down the stairs on a gurney.

'It was real frantic. I got there when the gurney was coming down,' he said.

The evening before Jackson was taken to hospital, Mr Williams said he had gone to the singer's final rehersal at the Staples Center.

Paul Gongaware, CEO of AEG Live, told the court today that Michael Jackson was 'engaged' and 'energetic' in the two performances before his death

Kathy Jorrie, who drew up the contract between Murray and the concert promoter said that the doctor told her Jackson was in 'perfect health' on the day before he died

He said that he had been 'blown away' by the performance and that Jackson was in 'high spirits' as he returned home for what would be the final time.

The court was told how Jackson asked to stop the car at the end of his driveway so he could wind down the window and speak to fans.

'He was in good spirits,' Mr Williams said. 'Sometimes he was not feeling well and wanted to drive in and just wave, but he wanted to stop the car.'

After a dramatic first day of the hearing into charges against his personal doctor Conrad Murray, the prosecution continued to present their case claiming that the singer died after he was ‘abandoned' by the doctor.

Prosecutors allege Murray caused Jackson's death by providing him with a lethal dose of the anaesthetic propofol and other sedatives without the proper lifesaving equipment or skills.

Conrad Murray on the second day of his trial for involuntary manslaughter in Los Angeles

Dr Conrad Murray today listened as the jury heard about negotiations over his contract with AEG Live

Jermaine Jackson, left, and Janet and Randy Jackson, right, arrive at the court for the second day of the trial

Second day: Michael Jackson's parents, Katherine and Joe Jackson, arrive at the courthouse in Los Angeles today

LaToya Jackson, who yesterday sent a stream of bizarre tweets from the court, arrives for the second day of the trial

A photo of Jackson in white medical robes with his mouth covered with a tube and tap was shown in a shocking beginning to the trial yesterday.

In opening statements, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren said Murray delayed summoning emergency crews and lied to doctors and medics when he failed to reveal that he had been giving Jackson the medications to try to help the entertainer sleep.

One of the day's most stunning moments came when Walgren played a recording of a conversation between Jackson and Murray in which the singer detailed what he wanted out of the shows. Jackson's voice, though recognizable, was slow and slurred.

'We have to be phenomenal,' Jackson is heard saying in the recording, which investigators gleaned from Murray's phone after the singer's death.

'When people leave this show, when people leave my show, I want them to say, 'I've never seen nothing like this in my life. Go. Go. I've never seen nothing like this. Go. It's amazing. He's the greatest entertainer in the world.

Murray, who could face four years in prison if convicted, claims that Jackson administered the drugs that killed him himself.

His defence attorney Ed Chernoff said that Murray had been trying to wean Jackson off propofol, but that the entertainer kept requesting it on the day he died to help him sleep.

'Michael Jackson started begging,' Chernoff said. 'When Michael Jackson told Dr. Murray, 'I have to sleep. They will cancel my performance,' he meant it.'

He told jurors that Jackson swallowed enough of the sedative lorazepam to put six people to sleep before ingesting propofol, while Murray was out of the room.

This photo of Michael Jackson stretched out on a gurney was shown to the jury on the opening day of the trial. His personal physician, Dr Conrad Murray, is charged with involuntary manslaughter

The trial will today hear what happened in Jackson's house in the minutes after he died

The court was shown pictures from inside Jackson's home. The central image shows the last jacket he wore lying on his bathroom floor

Jackson went into cardiac arrest at this rented house in LA

The combination, which Chernoff called a 'perfect storm' of medications, killed Jackson so quickly that he didn't even have a chance to close his eyes.

Yesterday, the jury was played four minutes of Jackson's final rehearsals of two songs.

Days before Jackson's 'Earth Song' performance during a rehearsal at Staples Center, the superstar's health prompted friend and collaborator Kenny Ortega to question whether the singer needed serious help. He had just spent hours cradling the singer, trying to warm him from deep shivers that kept him from rehearsing.

'He was like a lost boy,' Ortega wrote in an email to promoters five days before Jackson's death.

'There may still be a chance he can rise to the occasion if we get him the help he needs.'

The email drew a rebuke from Murray, who Ortega said told him not to try to play amateur doctor or psychologist. Five days later, the singer was dead.

More detailclick here



Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants